DSIAW2016 - Data Science In Aviation Workshop 2016
Following the first three workshops on Data Science in Aviation (Madrid 2013,Bretigny 2014, Brussels 2015), the fourth workshop on Data Science in Aviation took place in Cologne, 8th September 2016 in EASA Headquarters, organized by the ComplexWorld Network – the long-term research network supported by SESAR and coordinated by Innaxis.
The event was co-organized in tandem with the ComplexWorld "Complexity Challenges in ATM", which took place the day after in the same location.
The following is the agenda together with the public presentations of the event:
9:30-10:15 Registrations & coffee
- Introduction Carlos Alvarez Pereira, Innaxis, President. Watch the video here.
- Erick Ferrandez, EASA, Deputy Head of Safety Intelligence and Performance Department - Data4Safety Programme Manager
11:15-12:15 Data Science for Aviation Safety
- Data-driven research addressing aviation safety intelligence David Pérez, Innaxis. Watch the video here.
12:15-13:30 Lunch break
13:30-14:30 Data Science for Air Navigation
- An ANSP’s use of a Business Intelligence Warehouse Jacky Civil, UK NATS. Watch the video here.
- Data analysis of the effects of occupancy variability on ANSP operational sector productivity at MUAC Sebastian Wangnick, Eurocontrol-MUAC
14:30-15:30 Data Science for Mobility. Watch the video here.
- Big Data Analytics for Time Critical Mobility Forecasting David Scarlatti, Boeing. Watch the video here.
15:30-16:00 Coffee break
16:00-17:00 Tools for Data Science
- Technologies for High Performance Data Analytics Jens Krueger, Fraunhofer ITWM. Watch the video here.
- Interactive Multidimensional Data Exploration with Image-Based Visualization Christophe Hurter, ENAC. Watch the video here.
17:00-17:30 Wrap up and closing Carlos Alvarez Pereira, Innaxis, President
17:30-19:00 Networking cocktail